Last update: March 2021
Livingston Research respects your privacy and is committed to protect the personal information of its users - freelancers, collaborators and other visitors browsing the Site (“Users”) as well as affiliates, influencers and other collaborators interacting with Livingston Research. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we collect when you visit and/or use the Site. This Policy explains our privacy practices for the Site and services provided by Livingston Research as well as privacy practices that apply to affiliates, influencers and other collaborators who are individuals. By accessing and/or using the Site and its related sites, applications, services, goods and/or registering for a Livingston Research account and/or using it as a collaborator to share comments on a specific project and/or registering to our affiliate or influencer or similar program, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, including to our collection, use, disclosure, processing and retention of personal information. You can also learn how to limit sharing of information in this Policy.
Information We Collect
When you register to the Site, use it, complete forms, or register to our affiliate or influencer or similar program, we collect the personal information provided by you. We also collect information about your communications with Livingston Research as well as communication with other users of Livingston Research. In addition, we collect information while you access, browse, view or otherwise use the Site.
How Do We Collect Information?
You directly provide us with most of the information we collect. We also collect technical information indirectly and automatically through our systems. We also collect information from third party vendors and/or other commercially available sources.
How Do We Use the Information Collected?
We use personal information to provide you with quality service and security, to operate the Site and to perform our obligations to you; to ensure platform integrity and security; to prevent fraud; to contact you and send you direct marketing communications; to promote and advertise the Site and Livingston Research platform; to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information
We will keep personal information only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some cases we will retain personal information for longer periods of time.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We share personal information with third parties in order to operate the Site, provide our services to you, fulfil obligations imposed on us by applicable laws and regulations, and prevent fraud, infringements and illegal activities.
Where We Store Personal Information
Some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions.
The Site contains links to third party sites and if you link to a third party site from the Site, any data you provide to that site and any use of that data by the third party are not under the control of Livingston Research and are not subject to this Policy.
We take great care in maintaining the security of the Site and your information and in preventing unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures.
Rights of EU Users
Under applicable EU regulation, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- to obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal information;
- to erase your personal information in limited circumstances where (a) you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal information; (b) we are processing your personal information on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing, and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing; (c) where you have provided your personal information to us with your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process your personal information; and (d) where you believe the personal information we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us;
- to restrict processing of your personal information where: (a) the accuracy of the personal information is contested; (b) the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal information; (c) we no longer require the personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim or (d) you have objected to us processing your personal information based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection;
- to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling;
- where you have provided your personal information to us with your consent, to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller; or
- to obtain a copy of or access to safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the EEA.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for data protection.
Specific Provisions for California Residents
This section of the Policy applies to you, if you are a California resident.
During the last twelve (12) months we have collected the following categories of personal information from Users:
- Information that you chose to upload or otherwise provided by you to Livingston Research, which may include: (i) Identifiers and personal information, such as name, postal addresses, online identifiers, email addresses, phone number; professional or employment-related information; and education information.
- Information we collect when you use Livingston Research, including (i) Identifiers and personal information, such as online identifiers, internet protocol (IP) addresses, access device and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions; (ii) commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies; (iii) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to log-in and log-out time, the duration of sessions, the content uploaded and downloaded, viewed web-pages or specific content on web-pages, activity measures; (iv) Location information, based on your IP address.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you.
- We obtain personal information listed above from third party sources, as detailed in the section titled “How Do We Collect Information” above.
We use the personal information that we collect or receive for the business purposes as described above under the Section titled “How Do We Use the Information Collected?”.
As previously mentioned in this Policy, we do not sell (as such term is defined in the CCPA) personal information and will not sell it without providing Users with a right to opt out.
You are entitled to the following specific rights under the CCPA in relation to personal information related to you:
- you have a right to request that we will disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of personal information related to you over the past 12 months. After verifying your request, we will disclose to you: (i) The categories of personal information that we collect about you; (ii)The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (iii) The purposes for collecting, using, or selling that personal information. (iv) The categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose or sold, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed or sold that particular category of personal information. (v) The specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you. (vi) If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, the categories of personal information we have disclosed. (vii) If we sold your personal information, the categories of personal information we have sold.
- You have a right to request that we delete personal information related to you that we collected from you under certain circumstances and exceptions.
- You also have a right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Updating Personal Information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. In the event that you believe your information is in any way incorrect or inaccurate, please let us know immediately.
You can exercise your rights over your personal information, by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include all the relevant details, so your ticket can be handled correctly. We will process any requests in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures.
If you have any questions (or comments) concerning this Policy, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will make an effort to reply within a reasonable timeframe.